This course was created for fitness professionals who either expect to work with or already have LGBTQ+ clients, or who simply want to know more about LGBTQ+ people. Those fitness professionals who are not LGBTQ+ may feel unfamiliar with some of the language used and may also have misconceptions about LGBTQ+ people. On the other hand, those fitness professionals who are LGBTQ+ may want to use this course as a reference in their professional lives.
The goal of this course is to give fitness professionals a good starting place for creating more welcoming and inclusive fitness environments. While this course was specifically developed focusing on issues related to working with the LGBTQ+ client, the overarching theme is that we are all different and we have to respect each other’s differences and boundaries in order to create a warm and welcoming space in fitness. By the end of the course, we will see one theme emerge: people come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, and we as fitness professionals have to understand how to work with clients who are different from us.
Participants who take this course will:
- Understand the importance of pronouns while working with LBGTQ+ clients
- Understand misconceptions about LGBTQ+ people
- Understand the role of trauma in the lives of LGBTQ+ people, and the roles of trauma informed care and consent
- The importance of pronouns
- Common misconceptions about LGBTQ+ people
- Misconceptions about LGBTQ+ inclusivity
- Examples of LGBTQ+ inclusivity in the fitness setting
- The role of trauma in the lives of LGBTQ+ people
- Trauma Informed Care and Consent
- Quiz: 20 questions
*Risk free 30-day 100% money back guarantee! Eligible for full refund only before taking the quiz.
There are no reviews yet.