Fitness professionals may have clients who smoke while also being physically active. It is essential to understand how to relate to these clients. Some may have no inclination to stop smoking and they might feel their privacy intruded when the issue of quitting smoking comes up. Others may welcome conversations on how to quit smoking, and fitness professionals may be key in helping those clients quit.
This course is aimed to help fitness professionals understand and facilitate the best approach to smokers who work out. In the course, we will briefly review the prevalence and reasons of smoking, and the major physiological impacts on the body, and the disease and disability smoking can cause. We will then discuss these in the context of smokers who work out and analyze how smoking may affect their sports performance.
Participants who take this course will:
- Develop and understanding of the prevalence and reasons of smoking
- Familiarize themselves with the major physiological impacts of smoking on the body
- Understand the best approach to smokers who work out
- Popularity of smoking in the population
- Why do People Continue to Smoke?
- Understanding Smoking
- Why is Smoking Dangerous?
- Quiz 1
- The Health Effects of Smoking
- Quiz 2
- Understanding Smoking Advertising
- The psychology of smoking and stopping smoking: behavior change models
- Quiz 3
- Working with clients who smoke
- Understanding smokers who work out: conclusions
- Quiz 4
*Risk free 30-day 100% money back guarantee! Eligible for full refund only before taking the first quiz.