An increasing number of people, including clients of fitness professionals, take or consider taking the non-psychoactive cannabis compound cannabidiol (CBD). Fitness professionals are regarded as authorities and opinion leaders regarding not only fitness but also health issues, sports nutrition, and supplements, so their clients may turn to them for information on CBD as well.
However, many fitness professionals may be unprepared to provide their clients with up-to-date, scientifically accurate information about CBD, or its practical, sports-related application. The course was designed and developed by EpiConsult LLC, a biomedical consulting and medical communications agency, also the publisher of the web site treatmentwithcbd.com. The course is aimed to give certified fitness professionals biomedically accurate and up-to-date information on CBD’s background and regulation, mechanism of action, physiological effects, benefits of use and safety. The course also discusses the place of CBD in recreational and competitive sports.
This course was created by a team of experts and athletes from various fields, including, but not limited to, medicine, biochemistry, public health, epidemiology, and endurance and strength sports. The course material is based on solid scientific data and the results of research studies published in peer-reviewed scientific publications.
Participants who take this course will be able to:
- Have an overview of the background and regulation of cannabidiol
- Understand CBD’s mechanism of action and benefits
- Have a knowledge of the safety profile of CBD
- Understand the place of CBD in recreational and competitive sports
- Cannabis compounds and chemotypes
- Cannabis regulation
- Cannabis prohibition versus cannabis therapy
- FDA approved cannabis products
- The potential of CBD as a prescription medicine
- The potential of CBD as a dietary supplement
- Quiz 1: Cannabidiol and cannabinoids – background and regulation
- The pharmacokinetics of CBD
- CBD bioavailability
- The potency of CBD oils
- THC:CBD ratio in clinical trials
- Quiz 2: Cannabidiol mechanism of action
- An overview of CBD benefits
- CBD for inflammation
- Cannabinoids for pain
- Cannabinoids for weight control
- CBD and hair growth
- Cannabinoids in oral and dental care
- CBD for psychiatric disorders
- CBD for schizophrenia
- CBD for cancer
- CBD for drug addiction
- CBD for epilepsy
- Awareness and use of CBD products
- Quiz 3: Cannabidiol benefits
- Is CBD addictive?
- CBD misbranding
- CBD mislabeling
- Interaction of CBD with medications
- Contamination of CBD products with THC
- Cannabinoids as environmental pollutants
- The conversion of the non-psychoactive CBD into psychoactive compounds such as THC
- Quiz 4: Cannabidiol and cannabinoid safety
- CBD and athletic performance
- CBD for concussions
- Drug testing while taking CBD
- Quiz 5: CBD use in recreational and competitive sports
*Risk free 30-day 100% money back guarantee! Eligible for full refund only before taking the first quiz.
There are no reviews yet.