Exercise and depression – 0.2 ACE CECs
Many current and future fitness clients may struggle with diagnosed or undiagnosed depression or have sub-threshold depressive symptoms. Exercise has long been recognized as beneficial for physical health, and scientific evidence has been accumulating on its positive effects on mental health. As such, it is important that fitness professionals are familiar with the relationship between exercise and depression.
Society in general and the fitness industry in particular have recognized the importance of mental health. This is a major achievement in order to reduce stigma and encourage people with depression to get help. This course was developed for fitness professionals so that they can support their clients who have depression to get the best possible results based on the latest scientific evidence.
The course was designed and developed by EpiConsult LLC, a biomedical consulting and medical communications agency. The course content was created by a team of experts and athletes from various fields, including, but not limited to, medicine, biochemistry, public health, epidemiology, and endurance and strength sports. The course material is based on solid scientific data and the results of research studies published in peer-reviewed scientific publications.
Participants who take this course will:
- develop a good understanding of how and why exercise helps with depression
- familiarize themselves with specific techniques for getting great outcomes in a variety of exercise types
- understand how to overcome common hurdles when working with clients who have depression
- What is clinical depression?
- How is depression treated?
- Does exercise work for depression?
- The physiology of exercise and mood
- Techniques for working with depressed clients
- Training with clients who have depression
- Resistance training,
- HIIT (high intensity interval training),
- Mind-body practices
- New horizons: emerging trends in the future of exercise and depression
- Further reading and reference
Cannabidiol (CBD) 2021 – 1.8 ACE CECs
An increasing number of people, including clients of fitness professionals, take or consider taking the non-psychoactive cannabis compound cannabidiol (CBD). Fitness professionals are regarded as authorities and opinion leaders regarding not only fitness but also health issues, sports nutrition, and supplements, so their clients may turn to them for information on CBD as well.
However, many fitness professionals may be unprepared to provide their clients with up-to-date, scientifically accurate information about CBD, or its practical, sports-related application. The course was designed and developed by EpiConsult LLC, a biomedical consulting and medical communications agency, also the publisher of the web site treatmentwithcbd.com. The course is aimed to give certified fitness professionals biomedically accurate and up-to-date information on CBD’s background and regulation, mechanism of action, physiological effects, benefits of use and safety. The course also discusses the place of CBD in recreational and competitive sports.
This course was created by a team of experts and athletes from various fields, including, but not limited to, medicine, biochemistry, public health, epidemiology, and endurance and strength sports. The course material is based on solid scientific data and the results of research studies published in peer-reviewed scientific publications.
Participants who take this course will be able to:
- Have an overview of the background and regulation of cannabidiol
- Understand CBD’s mechanism of action and benefits
- Have a knowledge of the safety profile of CBD
- Understand the place of CBD in recreational and competitive sports
- Cannabis compounds and chemotypes
- Cannabis regulation
- Cannabis prohibition versus cannabis therapy
- FDA approved cannabis products
- The potential of CBD as a prescription medicine
- The potential of CBD as a dietary supplement
- Quiz 1: Cannabidiol and cannabinoids – background and regulation
- The pharmacokinetics of CBD
- CBD bioavailability
- The potency of CBD oils
- THC:CBD ratio in clinical trials
- Quiz 2: Cannabidiol mechanism of action
- An overview of CBD benefits
- CBD for inflammation
- Cannabinoids for pain
- Cannabinoids for weight control
- CBD and hair growth
- Cannabinoids in oral and dental care
- CBD for psychiatric disorders
- CBD for schizophrenia
- CBD for cancer
- CBD for drug addiction
- CBD for epilepsy
- Awareness and use of CBD products
- Quiz 3: Cannabidiol benefits
- Is CBD addictive?
- CBD misbranding
- CBD mislabeling
- Interaction of CBD with medications
- Contamination of CBD products with THC
- Cannabinoids as environmental pollutants
- The conversion of the non-psychoactive CBD into psychoactive compounds such as THC
- Quiz 4: Cannabidiol and cannabinoid safety
- CBD and athletic performance
- CBD for concussions
- Drug testing while taking CBD
- Quiz 5: CBD use in recreational and competitive sports
*Risk free 30-day 100% money back guarantee! Eligible for full refund only before taking the first quiz.